ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

AnVir Task Manager Pro 60% off Today Only

(1/6) > >>

Curt:
"Today" is Sunday 29 May 2011. Count-down: 21 hrs 21 minutes

RETAIL: $49.95
60% OFF: $19.98.
Including 3 additional years of updates and priority support: $31.96

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/anvir-task-manager-pro/

AnVir Task Manager Pro PC Software with a 60% off Discount Coupon Code - Master Your Operating System!
--- End quote ---

I my opinion this is The Best task manager to replace Windows' own task manager - I even like this one better than the free Process Explorer. Updates may be rare, but I like to think that this is because it really doesn't need to be updated - at least I never have any problems with my copy. I highly recommend AnVir Pro.
 :up:

Edited:
I need to say that license is per year. Mine is for 3 years; quite cheap.

Bionic71:
Buy 3 year of maintenance & get no maintenance  :P

cthorpe:
I bought a license for this program back in 2008.  I had quite a few problems with it, and I was never able to get any support at all.  At that time, their forum was full of spam posts, and emails sent to their support email address given on their site bounced back.  After about a month of trying to contact them, I gave up and uninstalled the program.

Their support and forum may be better now, but I felt I should share my experience with the company.

Disclaimer
I am not affiliated with the program(s) mentioned in my post, unless explicitly stated.  I will not receive any compensation for any sales generated by my post unless explicitly stated.  The opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the opinions of this site or its staff unless explicitly stated.

Curt:
Buy 3 year of maintenance & get no maintenance  -Bionic71 (May 29, 2011, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

-yeah, that can be an issue with bug-free programs: What are you really paying for? The service of the future  or  the clever coding of the past? I think AnVir is worth the price, and I trust it will be updated for Win 8 as well.

I have a vulnerable pc, and yet I have never had any problems at all with AnVir, so I have nothing to say to Carl's comment.

jeme:
Thanks, guys, for your comments; that's always helpful. I'm subscriped to the bitsdujour notifications, too, but since the offers frequently sound more promising than what the software actually provides, it's helpful to find some comments from trusted people or websites – one more reason why I like DC. :)

Just for clarification: I got a little confused by your edit, Curt, that the license is for one year only. As far as I understand their website (http://www.anvir.com/order.htm), you can use the software without limitation and even on several machines*, it's just that upgrades and support are limited to one year by default and to four years (three additional years) at 31.96$.

Not sure though whether any server communication, which the software must be doing to discover security issues, is disabled after the support time (that's what I find so weird with some antivirus software nowadays: they do not just disable updates, but disable the full software if the subscription ends – that's really in the sense of providing protection...)

* They say in the FAQ on the order page ("Buy now"): "You're welcome to use a single license code on any computer you personally own and use". The license text during installation is a little more restrictive, limiting it to "use on one computer at a time" (as far as I remember the text; I checked it during installation, but can't find any file or help page containing the license text). However, I think that's fair (and one could argue what "use" means for an interactive software like this, anyway ;))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version