ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Backup Strategy: "The Threes"

<< < (5/6) > >>

superboyac:
What I really need to do is make a visual graphic of the setup I need.  That will help me a lot, and I'm sure you guys would like it also.

wreckedcarzz:
What I really need to do is make a visual graphic of the setup I need.  That will help me a lot, and I'm sure you guys would like it also.
-superboyac (June 14, 2011, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be nice to have a visual, yeah.

Deozaan:
RAID 5 (striping with parody (my favorite))-Stoic Joker (June 14, 2011, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you meant parity. :P ;D

Thanks for the explanation.

So here's another question: If you have a RAID setup, would Windows show the individual drives in My Computer, or would they all appear as a single drive?

steeladept:
RAID 5 (striping with parody (my favorite))-Stoic Joker (June 14, 2011, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you meant parity. :P ;D

Thanks for the explanation.

So here's another question: If you have a RAID setup, would Windows show the individual drives in My Computer, or would they all appear as a single drive?
-Deozaan (June 14, 2011, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know, depends on your setup I suppose.   ;D

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

I think you meant parity. :P ;D-Deozaan (June 14, 2011, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

What? ...You don't think it's funny how they do that??

Damn spell check caught me napping ...So I decided to leave it and see how it took me to get nailed.

So here's another question: If you have a RAID setup, would Windows show the individual drives in My Computer, or would they all appear as a single drive?-Deozaan (June 14, 2011, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hardware RAID will show the array as a single disk. Most software RAIDs will do the same. The exception being if you do an in windows Dynamic Disk type RAID configuration. Then the disks will be listed seperately, but have a red partition header that is shared between them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version