ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

General Poll: What should there be more of on DonationCoder?

<< < (8/9) > >>

techidave:
I really think we should look into making the site more mobile friendly. I'm afraid I mean the forums in particular. I see myself use my mobile phone more and more at home instead of the PC. I guess a tablet will replace that once I get one.
-phitsc (June 10, 2011, 04:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1   :)

daddydave:
Mobile interface is not hard if there is mod available for SMF that redirects opera mini or mobile browser users to that interface. Such mod doesn't affect PC experience.
-mahesh2k (June 11, 2011, 03:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I kind of thought that too, I am wondering if there is something like TouchBB except the problem with that product is that is is tied to phpBB2, phpBB3 or vBulletin, and deal killer, it currently only works on iPhone/iPod Touch (it does require its own app on the device). So it will be interesting to see if it evolves further to work on more devices and forum platforms, to be more generally useful . But the point is, it is apparently pretty easy to install on the server, maybe there is other stuff out there like that. Or instead go with a style sheet that targets mobile devices, although maybe that's harder than it looks.

mahesh2k:
I found one SMF theme for mobile users but not sure if it enabled based on browser detection. I think they may update SMF 2 in fuure (hoping) but mouser needs to update payment processing on that new version and have to change mods as well. So may result in downtime or frequent tests. I'll ask around forums if there is an easy solution.

jgpaiva:
Not sure if this serves what you're looking for, but adding ";wap2" to the URLs at the forum will send you to "mobile mode". Here's this thread in mobile mode.

daddydave:
Not sure if this serves what you're looking for, but adding ";wap2" to the URLs at the forum will send you to "mobile mode". Here's this thread in mobile mode.
-jgpaiva (June 11, 2011, 07:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Amazing! I didn't know that (the "amazing" link uses the tip to bring up the main forums page, I'll make a shortcut to that on my iPod Touch right now!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version