ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

General Poll: What should there be more of on DonationCoder?

<< < (6/9) > >>

IainB:
If we are thinking about a "CMS", then how do we define that? Might we mean something like Microsoft’s open-source CMS platform, "Orchard"?

That CMS platform has the goal of:
“delivering a .NET-based CMS application that will allow users to rapidly create content-driven Websites, and an extensibility framework that will allow developers and customizers to provide additional functionality through module extensions and themes.”
--- End quote ---

Renegade:
If we are thinking about a "CMS", then how do we define that? Might we mean something like Microsoft’s open-source CMS platform, "Orchard"?

That CMS platform has the goal of:
“delivering a .NET-based CMS application that will allow users to rapidly create content-driven Websites, and an extensibility framework that will allow developers and customizers to provide additional functionality through module extensions and themes.”
--- End quote ---

-IainB (June 02, 2011, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Orchard looks like it's an independent CMS.

In the ASP.NET direction, I'd say Umbraco and DNN are the ones to look at most seriously.

However, DNN is so mature and so productive, and MVC be damned... Who cares? Unless you have a budget in the 10's or 100's of millions of dollars, or are planning for that kind of deployment or larger, I can't see Umbraco and MVC being much of a benefit.

kyrathaba:
With the rest of the site set up as a CMS, we could easily have a proper download area where authors could update their own entries, providing a logical software organization area, and just in general make it much easier for different people to maintain and update.

I think in terms of moving forward and letting more people participate in creating content -- it's the natural first step since our current handcoded html page setup makes it particularly hard for others to manage the site content.
--- End quote ---

+1

wraith808:
Maybe someone should start a thread, since Mouser had indicated that he'd like the discussion on a different thread so as not to hijack this one?

mahesh2k:
Oh my apologies i didn't thought of donation credit system which was on forum right now. In that case it's better to stick with what is already in the system. But i think if there needs some improvements in current section then i guess opening threads either in private or iirc is useful so that those pages or sections get updated text/respective content.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version