ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

General Poll: What should there be more of on DonationCoder?

<< < (4/9) > >>

wraith808:
Would TinyPortal work?  Or are we looking at integrating SMF with some other portal software?

def:
Personally, I find the comprehensive software reviews the most useful thing here on DonationCoder. Alas, most software reviews naturally become obsolete after just a few years, which happened to some reviews on DonationCoder as well. Certainly it would take serious effort to update them, so I don't see that happening any time soon.

Renegade:
+1 for a CMS.

A good one will let you naturally organize things and maintain updates and enter new content very easily.

I would love to see a post about the decision making process and what factors led you to decide on one over another. Call it a "software review". :)

mahesh2k:
If you're planning CMS around the site then why break things with SMF ? Instead go for IPB. i know it's paid(don't jump on me with free and open source stuff please) but it has CMS with forum. So by using IPB we can quickly get things running. Just have to turn some stuff off of IPB (like sidebar status etc).

KynloStephen66515:
mahesh2k I think he wants to keep SMF in its current state because of how highly configured DC's installation is.  Imagine how hard it would be to transfer the obscene amount of data available on this forum, over to another peice of software...and THEN transfering the user database, and THEN having to mess with google to try get re-indexed (AGAIN) lol.

Im in agreement with keeping SMF in its current state as the back end of DonationCoder and a nice looking, well organised CMS for the front  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version