ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

3rd monitor for display purposes

(1/1)

AndyM:
I'm running an XP laptop with a 1920x1200 screen.  I keep the laptop closed on a shelf and have a 24 inch 1920x1200 monitor, a keyboard, and mouse on my desk.  I have an extra identical 24" monitor that I am not currently using.

I have to teach someone some accounting stuff on the computer.  I know I can take the laptop off the shelf and work on that while my student is looking at the 24" monitor.  That would work just fine but would require moving a whole lot of stuff around, and the laptop screen is pretty small.

What I would rather do is split the output to the 24" monitor I am using so the student could be looking at the extra 24" monitor and I wouldn't have to use the laptop screen.  There is only the one video output socket on the laptop or I could just plug the second monitor right in.

So my question is:  can I buy a splitter that would allow me to feed 2 identical monitors?  Is this even possible?

(the student cannot sit on my lap so we can both see the same monitor ;) )

Ath:
A quick google search found me this not too expensive deal

AndyM:
That would do it, thanks Ath!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version