ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > TapTap

[SOLVED, kinda] CTRL-C shortcut not recognized in Win7-Explorer

(1/4) > >>

damax:
Hi,

I use TapTap a LOT and just love it. But now I seem to have stumbled upon a little bug.

My configuration looks like this:

-- snip---

// double right control to Control+V
keymap   DRC      :   C+V

// double right shift to Control+C
keymap   DRS      :   C+C

-- snip---

It works nearly always, but if I

- try to copy a filename from the Windows Explorer (right-click -> rename)

or

- try to copy the address from the addressbar of the Windows explorer

via Double-Right-Shift, nothing gets copied to the clipboard.

It's not a severe bug but a little annoying.

I use
Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit
currently updated version (May 26, 2011)

mouser:
Hmm that's strange..  I wonder what could explain it not working.. Could you experiment a little and try to figure out if the problem is:
1. TapTap doesnt even get invoked from inside windows explorer
2. TapTap can detect some keys from within Windows Explorer, but not ctrl or shift
3. TapTap detects the keys and can send most keys just not ctrl+C or ctrl+V
4. TapTap is sending the Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V but windows explorer is ignoring them.

damax:
Sorry for the long delay, I just didn't find the time. I did some testing and it seems that no keystroke whatsoever goes from Win7-Explorer to TapTap. I guess, answer 1 would be true.

The issue seems to occur in:

Windows Explorer
MS Paint 6.1 (Build 7600)

But all the other apps work fine (IE, Notepad, MS-Office, Firefox etc). I wouldn't care for paint, but in Explorer it really sucks.

jgpaiva:
damax: I've found similar problems with my own GridMove not working in some apps. It had to do with Windows 7's isolation between apps, the stuff GridMove was trying to do wasn't being passed on to the other apps.
Can you try running TapTap in administrator mode (or windows xp compatibility mode, can't remember which one solved it)?

damax:
Can you try running TapTap in administrator mode (or windows xp compatibility mode, can't remember which one solved it)?-jgpaiva (June 16, 2011, 06:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Tried XP-compatibility SP2 and 3 as well as "run as administrator": still no luck  :down:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version