ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > TapTap

[SOLVED, kinda] CTRL-C shortcut not recognized in Win7-Explorer

<< < (3/4) > >>

damax:
Hm... Mouser? Are you still alive? In which language is TapTap written? Would it be possible to port this to .NET? I would gladly take a look at it...

mouser:
Oops, sorry I missed all this.

I rarely hear about anyone using TapTap.. I'm trying to think why it wouldn't work in those applications.
TapTap is C++ built with Visual Studio.  I could share the source code..

If it's a 64bit problem, I could probably make a 64bit build to test.

damax:
Yeah, I guess I am the last user, but it's really a great tool for lefties like me.  :Thmbsup:

If you would make a 64bit build, I'd gladly test it.

I have zero experience with C++ (I'm a Managed Code N00b), so I will probably not be of much help, but I would give it a try anyways. With a Visual Studio project, even I should be able to set a breakpoint or something ;) I have no clue as how to detect a non-detected double-key-press but still I'd give it a try.

You got my mail address so if it's a small project just throw it over the fence or send me a link where to get it.

damax:
Mouser? Still there?

IainB:
@damax: If your main need for Tap-Tap is that you are a "lefty" - i.e., using the mouse with your left hand - when you need to press Ctrl-C or Ctrl+V, then a simple solution might be to use AHK (Autohotkey) and type (say) RightCtrl+M and RightCtrl+N as a substitute for (Left)Ctrl+C and (Left)Ctrl+V respectively - i.e., AHK would intercept the substitute keys pressed and pass the respective correct keys to the system.

It might be worth a try - suck-it-and-see. I haven't tried it myself to see if it would work, because I have my RightCtrl key mapped as a Delete key (to save me having to traverse and hunt for the actual Delete key near the top RHS edge of the keyboard on my laptop).
You could also consider putting OkayKeybees to good use. I only came across it the other day, but I thought it looked rather nifty.
URL = http://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/119/
OkayKeybees is a freeware keyboard remapper with a twist. You define what keys are always replaced or what keys are replaced only when a user defined modifier key is held. You can effectively "move" keys to either side of the keyboard or even effective disable keys (like the Windows key).
No installation program is needed.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version