ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Which is more important: the gadget, or the software and apps that runs it?

<< < (11/13) > >>

superboyac:
... And Brave New World!! Don't forget about Brave New World!!  :'( :'(
-Edvard (May 31, 2011, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh yeah!  Of course!

Edvard:
Wow, did this thread ever go off topic!!  :tellme:

40hz:
Wow, did this thread ever go off topic!!  :tellme:
-Edvard (May 31, 2011, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

More like it expanded to embrace a larger, more important topic.  :)

But that's what makes the occasional DC discussion so worthwhile.  People here aren't afraid to pause for reflection and tackle some of the more difficult issues surrounding our technologies.  :Thmbsup:

zridling:
...the plutocracy will grow even more, then.... in our lifetime is the continual erosion of the middle class.... There aren't going to be many opportunities for the non-wealthy to go to good colleges, or even medium-grade colleges.  Education as a whole (elementary, high school) will become poorer in quality and will feel like spinning wheels.  The true, good education will not be available if you don't have a lot of money.  It will really be a plutocracy.  A gradual disappearance of the middle class.-superboyac (May 31, 2011, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think we've been there for quite some time. I asked the most respected businessperson in our town (a self-made multi-millionaire and overall good person) what commencement address she'd give to Seniors graduating into this world, this economy. She replied:

-- Don't be afraid to start at the very bottom and work your way up (unless Dad owns the company).
-- Take any job to get started.
-- All work is honorable.
-- It's going to take decades to move up, not years anymore.
-- And by the time you finally make it, be ready to lose your job and start a new career all over because a middle manager who's never met you will want to fire you because you make too much money.
-- Don't be afraid to start at the very bottom....

Renegade:
-- Don't be afraid to start at the very bottom....[/i]
-zridling (June 01, 2011, 01:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, there's always crime. It's not really much different than many other professions out there. You screw people to get money. I don't see the difference...

And retirement is only a phone call away~! The sucky part there is the corn-holing... but I suppose all careers have minuses. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version