ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple admits existence of MacDefender malware - Update planned

<< < (3/4) > >>

Edvard:
But wait folks! There's more!!

Within 12 hours of Apple’s announcement, the author of the original Mac Defender program had a new variant available that renders key portions of the current Mac Defender prevention plan obsolete.
--- End quote ---
http://ct.zdnet.com/clicks?t=834412879-f09aff1f3240c763b781087d83996fa3-bf&brand=ZDNET&s=5

Renegade:
But wait folks! There's more!!

Within 12 hours of Apple’s announcement, the author of the original Mac Defender program had a new variant available that renders key portions of the current Mac Defender prevention plan obsolete.
--- End quote ---
http://ct.zdnet.com/clicks?t=834412879-f09aff1f3240c763b781087d83996fa3-bf&brand=ZDNET&s=5
-Edvard (May 26, 2011, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

An entertaining comment there:

...Apple double talk. And I guess if Microsoft had any brains they would run a few years worth of ad's explaining how PC's don't get Mac malware.

Its always the same with the Apple apologist crowd. Its like a four step process.

1. If your an Apple lover, concede that Apple products are not perfect or flawless. It makes you seem sane, gives your upcoming arguments an air of authenticity, and if god forbid, sometime in the future something really goes sideways you can at least save some face by saying "I never said Macs were perfect!" Plus, keep in mind, saying something isn't perfect isn't an admission that something isn't right!

2. If your an Apple lover and you come across someone pointing out that something isn't right about a Mac then immediately jump down the throat of the person saying such a thing. Fight them with everything you have and everything you can think of. Never concede that anything is not right with a Mac. Ever. Its one thing to say a Mac isn't perfect, its a completely different thing to actually admit to any specific flaw.

3. If your an Apple lover, and something does happen that for all intents and purposes does appear to be empirical evidence of something specific not being right with a Mac, do not despair or give in. Instead minimize the issue to the point of it appearing that it's actually a non-issue. Rationalize it away. Use arguments like, "when you can show me a PC that doesn't have these kind of issues worse then a Mac then talk to me about whats wrong with a Mac." Above all, never ever relent. And never, ever ever agree that PC's have been getting called out by Apple lovers for the same kinds of issues. That admission can never happen because it minimizes the very things we have been claiming are wrong with PC's.

4. If your an Apple lover, try not to let an opportunity to bash PC's pass you by. When times seem hard for anything about the reputation of Mac's, thats actually when you should be looking at the situation as an opportunity! Its hard to take any kind of issue with a Mac seriously if you can divert attention from the issue at hand by pointing out that PC's have had all sorts of problems and issues for years, and best of all, most PC users concede that so it should be easy!!

Happy hunting.
--- End quote ---

Stoic Joker:
Apple appears to be treating this outbreak as if it were a single incident that won’t be repeated. They seriously underestimate the bad guys, who are not idiots. Peter James, an Intego spokeperson, told me his company’s analysts were “impressed by the quality of the original version.” The quick response to Apple’s move suggests they are capable of churning out new releases at Internet speeds, adapting their software and their tactics as their target—Apple—tries to put up new roadblocks.

If Apple plans to play Whack-a-Mole with these guys, they’re in for months of misery.
-The Article
--- End quote ---

Lambs, Slaughter, Any Questions...?  :D

Josh:
UPDATE:

The update released today has already been defeated by the makers of the original malware. As the saying goes...

"Anti-malware, yeah, theres an app for.....oh wait"

Source

40hz:
If I didn't despise malware writers as much as I do I'd be tempted to think it couldn't have happened to a nicer company than Apple.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version