ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Kaydara - 55 minute Matrix Fanfilm

<< < (3/4) > >>

JavaJones:
I watched the first few minutes and the mouse and stuff just put me off. It was too weird. I fast forwarded and saw that it changed later, but by then I just didn't care.

- Oshyan

Edvard:
Maybe I just don't get out as much as I should; I quite enjoyed it. :huh:

@JavaJones: the opening sequence was a video game one of the characters was playing.
It plays a minor role in the final outcome, so there's reason behind it, but I agree it was rather silly.

JavaJones:
Yeah, I skipped ahead enough to find out it was a videogame or something, but I really didn't need it to go on for 6 full minutes. I mean seriously? Not to mention the claymation figures just made you wonder what the hell was really going on. It doesn't really look like a video game and it seems like they could have done a much better job of that if that was their intention. For a good example of how to do "videogame sequence" in a movie, look at Toy Story 2. 3 minutes and it keeps you interested because it looks like the actual movie, so you assume it's real, then you get the fun reveal when a main character dies. I guess that works best because it's a sequel though. ;)

- Oshyan

Edvard:
Towards the end of the film, there are events that play out that are relevant to the claymation sequence, so it's not a total throwaway.
The film could have survived without it, though.

Stoic Joker:
Commercials, during a web video...Are you kidding me?!?

I thought the claymation sequence made virtually no sense but was funny as hell, and was therefore OK. The ending I didn't really like, primarily because it didn't make a damn bit of sense to me. What the hell is the point of running away from the dead body of the guy you just killed - Twice, by not saving him... - solely for the purpose of going into VR to hug his virtual corpse?!?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version