ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Little Voice Commander

Adding spoken word option

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
The TTS (text to speech) has gotten a *LOT* better, and for many applications it would be fine.
This however is a perfect case where recorded human voice is superior, since it's of a relatively limited scope of predefined words, and it's nice to let people customize it with their own voice if they want.

Renegade:
The TTS (text to speech) has gotten a *LOT* better, and for many applications it would be fine.
This however is a perfect case where recorded human voice is superior, since it's of a relatively limited scope of predefined words, and it's nice to let people customize it with their own voice if they want.
-mouser (May 25, 2011, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just thought... I have a Canadian accent, which is similar to North Dakota (I think). The accent issue is still there. It should be fine for most purposes though.

Ath:
This however is a perfect case where recorded human voice is superior,
-mouser (May 25, 2011, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, I understand the reasoning :D, then you'd have to find a female beside Renegade, to supply those samples, too (and a config option to select them). An extra request might be needed for that voice, I guess :)

mouser:
I have completed the version that will speak words, and I have uploaded it as the new version.

BUT there are *no* speech files present, so nothing new for the end user.

But for anyone who wants to add speech files, just add them under any subdirectory (new or existing) of the VpMedia directory; they should be of the form word.mp3 or word.wav or word_1.mp3, word_2.mp3, etc.

And again, feel free to add your own word images and sounds of things around your house, etc.

Renegade:
I'll be setting up my equipment this weekend, and will do the recording then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version