ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MS Word Spell Checker - Selective Failure

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Where did you copy it from? Another Word document, or plain text?-Ath (May 24, 2011, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it's from another Word document that was originally exibiting to odd behavior.

Could you reset the attributes to the default (select + Ctrl-Space) that usually works if I have issues like these, or paste it as plain text (using Notepad++ as an intermediate, but there are several tools discussed here, that I don't want to install on my work-PC, that can do that for you).-Ath (May 24, 2011, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's a lot of work in this perticular 20 page document, so stripping the formatting was the option the client was trying to avoid.

I'll have to play with and remember that hot key...Sounds interesting.

Stoic Joker:
Is the language set correctly for the text? Have you tried Ctrl+A then set language (on the Review tab)?
-tranglos (May 24, 2011, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, language is correct for the document. I also tried resetting it just to be sure. It had no effect.-Stoic Joker (May 24, 2011, 02:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Correction, It didn't have any effect, until I did it a 2nd time. So either it needed to be pounded into the documents little head... *Shrug* ...Or I did it wrong the first time (not sure).

But it is at this point resolved. Thank you.

Stoic Joker:
I'm not sure if setting the language for the whole document will override a setting that's in a style applied to a paragraph or selection.-mwb1100 (May 24, 2011, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

When I tried it again (with Office 2007) at the clients location it worked fine the first time. I've got Office 2010 at the office but may have missed something the first time (Not sure). But yes the Ctrl + A (whole document at once) language correction does (or rather did) work.

fenixproductions:
@Stoic Joker
I had similar issue at work and setting whole document language was not always working.
Solution: Review -> Set Language -> Detect language automatically -> OFF

BTW If you encounter similar issues with PowerPoint you will need special macro to fix it.

Stoic Joker:
Solution: Review -> Set Language -> Detect language automatically -> OFF-fenixproductions (May 24, 2011, 04:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hm... Ya know, I do recall doing that now that you mention it. Not sure if I did it the first time, but I do recall doing it the 2nd time. So I believe you're correct in that allowing Word to guess the language is bad.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version