ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Fold 2.2.1.0

<< < (4/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
Fold 2.0.1.0 I've gone back to manually placing windows up to 8 as it looks better than TileWindow.  Also it avoids Minimize All at least up to 8 folders.

JohnFredC:
It's noted in the Readme that AutoHide has to be disabled for the utility to operate.
-MilesAhead
--- End quote ---
:-[ Sorry, I tend not to read readmes very closely.
edit: I'm curious. How many folders are you trying to open?
--- End quote ---
Just two.

MilesAhead:
It's noted in the Readme that AutoHide has to be disabled for the utility to operate.
-MilesAhead
--- End quote ---
:-[ Sorry, I tend not to read readmes very closely.
--- End quote ---
Just two.

-JohnFredC (June 13, 2011, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Only thing I can think of with the folder placement, is if they take too long to open.  Even with only 2 folders there should be a combined delay of about 10 seconds.  But if the HD is busy when trying to launch that could mess things up.  In my testing though it's usually if I have 5 or more folders with a busy HD maybe the last one will get left out of the placement.  I haven't run into it doing nothing at all.

I'm not sure of the intricacies of Desktop Coral but if that's not suitable there should be other placement utilities freeware that will work with AutoHide.  You might try AutoHotKey forum or AutoIt3 forum or a download site like Softpedia or download.com.

The ones I'm working on are for the common case of one monitor with a launcher or other toolbar next to the taskbar, as would apply to most people. I don't have a 2 monitor setup to get into a lot of variations.

MilesAhead:
--- End quote ---
Just two.
--- End quote ---

The other reason why it may not position the windows is the Explorer Folder Option "display full path in title bar" must be enabled.  Otherwise it has no way to distinguish which folder window is which.

Most of my folder/Explorer utilities require that option enabled.

JohnFredC:
Enabling "display full path in title bar" did tile the first Explorer, but not the second.

Disabling taskbar autohide tiled the second Explorer (of my pair) so now it works!

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version