ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Little Voice Commander

Latest Little Voice Commander Release v1.36.01 - June 3, 2011

<< < (2/3) > >>

Deozaan:
One comment that I do have (before being able to run the program) is that I am not interested in the speech engine part - it would have been nice to have this as an option so that one does not have download and install another bloated piece of software.
-capitalH (June 03, 2011, 01:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you don't want it to recognize your speech then it sounds like you want CrazyLittleFingers.

mouser:
A few quick points:

* You can disable the speech recognition part, and it will just respond to keys tapped on the keyboard.
* The download size is large, but that has nothing to do with the speech support, it's because the download includes a couple hundred images.
* At some point I very well may break up the download into two parts, a core download, and an image pack download.  That would make it easier to update.

capitalH:
A few quick points:

* You can disable the speech recognition part, and it will just respond to keys tapped on the keyboard.
* The download size is large, but that has nothing to do with the speech support, it's because the download includes a couple hundred images.
* At some point I very well may break up the download into two parts, a core download, and an image pack download.  That would make it easier to update.-mouser (June 03, 2011, 03:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Your program (https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/littlevoicecommander/downloads/LittleVoiceCommanderSetup.exe) is 33.3 MB.

The speech engine ( https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/littlevoicecommander/downloads/Sapi5_SpeechRecognition_Runtime.msi) is 49.7MB

About disabling the speech recognition - I would rather not install the second download (SAPI 5 runtime) at all than just to disable it.

capitalH:
If you don't want it to recognize your speech then it sounds like you want CrazyLittleFingers.
-Deozaan (June 03, 2011, 01:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks - although since my kid is learning the alphabet I want to display the letters on screen as well.

Busy hacking up an AHK solution - almost done at least (but pictures only - mp3s would have to wait for translation).

mouser:
Ah well the speech engine download is only needed for windows xp, and should not be needed if you dont enable speech option in the program.
i'll check and fix it if it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version