ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Strange phone problem - can anyone help?

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
those panasonic phones are quite nice.

i would suggest you do the same thing i would suggest with any mystery hardware problem.  go buy yourself a cheap non-electronic non-wireless no-frills corded telephone, and verify that the 3 always works with it.  if not, then you know the problem has nothing to do with your panasonic.  and you can keep the non-powered phone as backup in case you ever lose power.

Carol Haynes:
Problem solved (sort of).

I replaced the cable - which makes things a lot better but not perfect. I should have thought of this before - the socket is in a really difficult place to get at so the only common feature of all 3 phone sets was the cable. It still isn't 100% but it is more like 90% working now.

Additionally I have now moved the base unit to the kitchen and it seems to work fine. The kitchen is an extension off the main socket (where it was plugged into so why it works in the kitchen I can't imagine!

Anyway thanks for the suggestions.

cranioscopical:
Glad you found a way out of that one!

the socket is in a really difficult place to get at…
so why it works in the kitchen I can't imagine!

-Carol Haynes (May 24, 2011, 04:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you have all the information to work out the reason. There wasn't mushroom in the original location!

40hz:
Additionally I have now moved the base unit to the kitchen and it seems to work fine. The kitchen is an extension off the main socket (where it was plugged into so why it works in the kitchen I can't imagine!
--- End quote ---

Probably wanted to be put there so it could more easily sneak teaspoons of jam when nobody's looking.  ;D

Stoic Joker:
I replaced the cable - which makes things a lot better but not perfect. I should have thought of this before - the socket is in a really difficult place to get at so the only common feature of all 3 phone sets was the cable. It still isn't 100% but it is more like 90% working now.-Carol Haynes (May 24, 2011, 04:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

It seems there's a lesson in this for all of us. As none of us suggested anything that basic, because we all collectively assumed you'd already tried it. - oops! - I guess it really doesn't hurt to ask...

Glad you got it working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version