ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Hang while "searching history"

(1/2) > >>

alias:
I know this has been discussed, so I apologize for bringing it up again, but I can't find the solution here.  I've seen references to UNC paths, all kinds of other stuff, but nothing that seems relevant to my issue.  I just installed FARR on a new laptop, W7 Ultimate, SSD primary drive, and FARR keeps freezing for 5-10 seconds when I open it, always when "Searching history".  It only seems to do it when I haven't used FARR for a few minutes.  Right now, for example, as I'm trying to reproduce it, I can't, but it happens many times throughout the day, and I'm not restarting between occurrences.

Any ideas?

mouser:
There are a couple of things to try.

I guess the first thing is to test if this has anything to do with items in the history or if the problem is that your normal hard drive is going to sleep and taking some time to wake up.  Can you try clearing your search history (go to search history tab in options, right-click and clear), and then leave farr unused for half a day and then invoke it and see if it has the same hang.

Another thing to try is on the General tab, tell FARR to stay in memory longer.

Let me know what happens with those test.

alias:
Thanks, Mouser.  I already had the "Stay in Memory Longer" setting selected.

I didn't specifically see a "Search History" tab, so I went to "Launch History".  Didn't see a "Clear" r/c option, so I picked "Delete all entries in this list".  I hope that's what you were intending me to do...

Thanks very much for your help!

mouser:
yeah thats what i meant sorry for confusion.

alias:
Not a problem at all - the hard part will be not using FARR for "half a day".  I guess the only way that's gonna happen is if I quit working that long.  Either that, or I have to close FARR.  Hmmmm - I wonder what Alt-Space does when FARR isn't there to look for it and jump into action....  :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version