ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

favourite hardware hacking resources

<< < (6/7) > >>

Target:
Actually, WD40 does work quite well for displacing moisture from wet (or mildly corroded) wiring. It was frequently used back in my junkyard days on wiring harnesses that had been pulled from a parts bike. Squirt a little in each of the multi-pin plugs before assembly and all works well.

It's flammable yes, but completely non-conductive (paraffin based).-Stoic Joker (May 22, 2011, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, that's an old 'solution', though I suspect in a lot of cases the duct tape would be equally effective...

40hz:
A fun website for this type of thing is Instructables.com.

A few of the projects are a little dicey, so use some discretion, and don't take everything you read there as completely reliable. Fortunately, there's usually multiple 'builds' for each project so a little common sense (and research) will separate the chaff from the wheat.

Another very good source of reliable DIY tech projects is O'Reilly Media's Make Magazine website.

mouser:
If anyone who lives in the US wants a tiny packet of sugru -- and when i say tiny i mean it, less than size of marble -- send me a pm with your name and address and i'll put one in an envelope.  i have about 5 to give out.  Mention which color you prefer (black, blue, orange, green).

Deozaan:
If anyone who lives in the US wants a tiny packet of sugru -- and when i say tiny i mean it, less than size of marble -- send me a pm with your address and i'll put one in an envelope.  i have about 5 to give out.  Mention which color you prefer (black, blue, orange, green).
-mouser (May 23, 2011, 07:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll take one. PM incoming.

phitsc:
Just stumbled over a book called There, I fixed it. Have a LOOK INSIDE ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version