ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR searching LBC shortcut

(1/1)

Kuntau:
Hi. I always have FARR and LBC run side by side because they both serve different purpose but I want to know is it possible to make FARR search LBC shortcut?

Because normally I'd use FARR for launching normal installed software sit in start menu/desktop/program files but I also have some standalone software which sit on different partition on my hard which make it ineffective for FARR to search them and I have them in LBC.

Sometimes when when I'm in keyboard mode it is easier to just search from FARR than to reach for my mouse :)

I try to look at LBC save file but it not normal text file.. I don't know how to read/extract data from those .mcf file..

Thx

mouser:
This is an idea that has come up and i have an idea for it that could be relatively simple and useful in a broader context.

What if i had an option called in LBC called "Mirror shortcuts for this launchbar in a directory"

If you check that, LBC would actually create a directory tree with standard windows shortcuts to the files in the launchbar.

You could use this shortcut folder in many capacities, including pointing FARR to it for quick searching or browsing.

Alternatively, i could write a farr plugin that could read LaunchBarCommander .mcf files and let you search them.

Kuntau:
Hi mouser, both idea are great but if you choose LBC to mirror shortcut will it be in real time, when I add new shortcut it will be automatically mirrored? I would prefer that over FARR plugins since I can search from FARR like usual and save a few keystroke :) maybe just add the mirror shortcut folder to FARR search directory!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version