ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA:two options text manipulation tool

<< < (2/2)

rapstar:
list numberer worked like a charm when i needed to add the same string to the beginning

*except it looks weird if you put like 140% scale in your win xp

for my second replacement need, it's no just adding things in the end, i need to search for given expression and then replace everything till the end of the line, expression itself included

actually it's not like search.php?artist= in the end, url i get from parsing are like
search.php?artist=Patti+Smith&onetwo=true&areyousure=yes&hash=5655434&clientid=12343&
--- End quote ---
so i want to get rid of unnesessary paremeters

going to try Clipboard Help+Spell, many thanks

Jibz:
I don't know if I understood exactly what you wanted to replace, but in Notepad++ maybe something along the lines of replace
--- ---([^\?]+)\?([^&]+).* with
--- ---http://\1?\2 (make sure regular expression is ticked).

I.e. grab everything up to the first ? on the line and store that in \1, grab everything after that and up to the first & and put that in \2, match the rest of the line to get that removed.

MilesAhead:
There are many editors that can use either regular expressions as Jibz noted, or their own symbolic pattern characters, that can replace pattern with text or include the pattern in the replacement.  Although you tend to encounter them more on other OS.  Windows freeware editors tend to be more limited.

You may want to try one of the Windows ports of vi. That editor can do some amazing things in command mode if you don't mind jumping in and out of edit mode.  Can make you a bit schizoid but if you are really into complicated editing you may not mind. :)

I never got really adept at vi but when I was playing with Linux a lot I used it enough to start to see the versatility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version