ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Now you're REALLY screwed...

(1/9) > >>

Edvard:
California inventor Donald Scruggs came up with the idea, and now has a patent for it. From the patent application: "[the] burial containers...provide low cost internment methods with hermetic sealing, security locking, plaque and memorial markers and built in flower and flag receptacles." Nice.

But you're screaming, "why?" Good question. Again, from the patent application: "[the coffins] greatly reduce excavation labor and burial costs...they also decrease the land space required for each burial and provide for burials in normally unused areas within the cemetery."

--- End quote ---

http://news.discovery.com/tech/screw-it-youre-dead-anyway.html

From Wired:
The image that keeps creeping nightmarishly into my mind is that of a giant, robotic Bugs Bunny, lurching into these now densely packed graveyards and uprooting the giant metallic carrots, one by one.
--- End quote ---
;D

from Admit-One.net

mwb1100:
From my exposure to Kung Fu movies, I believe that the Chinese (or at least parts of Chinese culture) bury their dead standing on end.  I guess the "screw 'em in" approach is novel.  

But, I think any cemetery that wanted a standing-room-only set of plots would just put the big fencepost rig on their back hoe.  I can only imagine hand cranking a coffin sized plug into the ground would get pretty painfully difficult after about two feet.

MilesAhead:
Unless they suspect foul play(autopsy may be ordered in the future) then cremation would seem more sensible.  We're running out of room for housing living people because we're selling plots of land at premium prices for the dead.

Has anyone read After Many A Summer Dies The Swan ?

Stoic Joker:
I really don't want to have to stand in line for eternity ... For an extra few bucks can I (recline a bit) get screwed in at an angle?

Daleus:
It's a comfort, albeit a cold one, that I will eventually get screwed, even if it isn't in this lifetime as so many women have told me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version