ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

SEO Say What?!?

(1/2) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Okay... So I was going through me spam the other day and ran across one I really couldn't get my head around. So I thought I'd share it:
Dear Webmaster,

I came across your website http://www.stoicjoker.com and found it relevant with our industry. I feel that exchanging links would be a beneficial option for both of us. After getting your response I will add your information in the best category on the resource page here Some Roofing Company in Arizona...com/resources/index.html. If you are interested, please post the following information on your website:

Title: Arizona Roofing
Description: If you are in need of Arizona roofing, please give the experts over at [Removed] a call today.
URL: [removed]

I appreciate your attention and wish you great online business.

Thanks and Best Regards,
[Address Removed]

Note: If you would not like to receive any further communications from me, simply respond to this email with Remove as the subject.
-Spam
--- End quote ---

Now what possible part of my site could they have "found it relevant with our industry"? Is this some new trend, trick, trap, or just SEOs Gone Wild?

mouser:
I get these several times a week -- it's just standard silliness. Just trash the email in the spam folder.

Renegade:
Yeah... I get those as well.

I think they're from mildly retarded 'SEO gurus' that people hire to do SEO for them. e.g. Hire me. I'll spam people and get links for you.

I think the idea is that you scrape information from WHOIS, then spam out and count on the trillions of inexperienced people out there to take advantage of your wonderful offer for a link back, because they heard that links are good.

It probably works to some degree.

Hmmm... maybe I should start a link-back farm on one of my domains that I'm not using...

Very, very, very NSFW domain namerapesatan.com

:D Just kidding~! :) (But I do own that domain...)

Renegade:
Oh god... The irony... I believe I said:

I think they're from mildly retarded 'SEO gurus' that people hire to do SEO for them. e.g. Hire me. I'll spam people and get links for you.
-Renegade (May 16, 2011, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

:P

Stoic Joker:
Ah..If only I was an Irish roofer.. :wallbash:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version