ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Podcasts of ACCU 2011 conference

(1/2) > >>

phitsc:
There are some podcasts of ACCU 2011 conference talks online now. I have not attended the conference (I am a member of ACCU though). I've watched the Move Semantics, Perfect Forwarding, and Rvalue references talk by Scott Meyers. Video is more or less unusable (you can't read the slides), but the audio quality is really good. And Scott seems to be a funny guy :) . So I guess the talks will be hard to follow if you have no prior knowledge whatsoever about the respective subject.

Podcasts are here: http://skillsmatter.com/event/home/accu-2011

Info about ACCU is here: http://accu.org/

ilovekonoka:
Thanks, phitsc - the talks seem quite useful. I'm watching CPU Caches and Why You Care by Scott Meyers, who seems indeed funny =)

Btw, slides can be found by googling for the talks' titles. For example, the slides for the talk mentioned in your post is here.

mouser:
ACCU = Association of C and C++ Users

phitsc:
Thanks, phitsc - the talks seem quite useful. I'm watching CPU Caches and Why You Care by Scott Meyers, who seems indeed funny =)

Btw, slides can be found by googling for the talks' titles. For example, the slides for the talk mentioned in your post is here.
-ilovekonoka (May 16, 2011, 11:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey, thanks ilovekonoka for pointing that out. Now that makes these talks *really* useful!

I've long wanted to hear Scott Meyers speak, but that guy is just so damn expensive :(

phitsc:
ACCU = Association of C and C++ Users
-mouser (May 16, 2011, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly. Besides the yearly conference (which I have never attended to be honest) ACCU publishes two journals with programming-related articles (not only C++) written by volunteering members. I find both publications really quite good. I urge everyone who's into C / C++ (or programming in general) to join.

The archive of Overload (one of the publications) is available to non-members as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version