ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Open images without program window showing.

<< < (7/20) > >>

Ath:
You should in general not need to create a batchfile to start a tool with command-line parameters. Just create a shortcut to the exe, and in the properties of that shortcut, add any command-line parameters at the end of the 'Target' field. Do include a space after the phrase that's already there (the full path/exe name, usually).
You can use environment variables if you need, by using % around the name, like %PATH%.

pilgrim:
You should in general not need to create a batchfile to start a tool with command-line parameters. Just create a shortcut to the exe, and in the properties of that shortcut, add any command-line parameters at the end of the 'Target' field. Do include a space after the phrase that's already there (the full path/exe name, usually).
You can use environment variables if you need, by using % around the name, like %PATH%.
-Ath (June 18, 2011, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ath,

I cannot check this out until I get back on my Netbook but in that case the exe is Frameless and the rest of the batch file is the path to the particular image that I was using.
I have just tried this with a test file I have set-up on my PC and it worked.

That is a very useful piece of information, thank you.

In a previous thread I started on this forum it was pointed out to me that what I was trying to do at that time was already available in the OS but if it had not been pointed out to me, like now, I would probably never have found it. :-[
Always did prefer mechanical things, at least you can take them apart and see how they work. :)

vixay:
the only addition that I can think of would be to set the images to close after a given period-pilgrim-online (June 16, 2011, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

This functionality would be very easy to add.

skwire, what did you use to write frameless?-vixay (June 16, 2011, 07:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's written in AHK and it's really not much more than simply reading in the command-line parameters and creating a very simple GUI using a standard picture control.
-skwire (June 16, 2011, 08:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I see, that's what I'd guessed. btw, are you not sharing your source code on the website? Somehow I thought that handling pictures was a lot more complicated than that, because of various formats and types ...etc. you make it look easy though! So why do all they image viewers cost a bunch and stuff?
I guess that would be because or writing native decoding algorithms versus using libraries.
Still good job on this.

In a previous thread I started on this forum it was pointed out to me that what I was trying to do at that time was already available in the OS but if it had not been pointed out to me, like now, I would probably never have found it. :-[
Always did prefer mechanical things, at least you can take them apart and see how they work.
-pilgrim-online (June 18, 2011, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's the same with computers it's just it follows a different set of rules, and the basics are the code, which can be hidden. I guess you need training with it just like you need some basic understand of physics (which can be intuitive) to deal with mechanical things.

pilgrim:
Ath,

I tried your idea on my Netbook yesterday and it would not work, in fact I could not get the batch file to run either.
These are the windows I got when I tried:

The OS is trying to set it up as a Scheduled Task that requires a time which obviously there is no way of adding?
If I entered it without a time it just showed up as 'Disabled'.

The boxes in the third image are empty but I entered the full path and parameters when I tried it.

Ath:
I tried your idea on my Netbook yesterday and it would not work, in fact I could not get the batch file to run either.
These are the windows I got when I tried:
-pilgrim-online (June 20, 2011, 03:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

IMHO, the full path to the Frameless.exe (with quotes if it has spaces) and the full path to the image (again with quotes if the path contains spaces), the screenposition and the timeout value should go in the Run field in your last screenshot, just like you had them in the batchfile. You could optionally set the Start in field, but that should not be needed for it to work.

If the batchfile won't even work, I'd first check if your paths are correct. Oh, and you should probably not run the exe form a network (UNC) path, it's not forbidden or impossible, but it could cause (security) issues or even prevent frameless to be started.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version