ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Terraria

<< < (6/8) > >>

Deozaan:
Terraria's 1 month anniversary:

-By The Numbers- As of (06/16/2011)

Copies/4Packs Sold Total - 350,000+ (Copies Owned - 432,000+)
Days/Top Ten Sales List on Steam - 32 days
Days/Top Ten Played List on Steam - 32 days
Players Online at once - Peaks we have seen range from 14k to 32k a day.
Facebook Likes - 28,773
TerrariaOnline Members -40,992
YouTube Trailer Views - (Old-Gameplay) 1,181,691, (Release Trailer) 866,285 -http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/one-month-a-milestone.30213/
--- End quote ---

Pretty impressive for a game that started development only 6 months ago!

They also announced that in the next update there will be an optional hardcore mode, wherein character death is permanent. Watch your step while spelunking!

Shades:
Still not able to play, because .Net4.0 will not install itself in my (Win7 Ultimate x64) PC. Continuously getting the same error 'Access is denied' even when using the Administrator account, granting all available user rights, disabling UAC, lifting restrictions on folders, even partitions etc.  :mad:

Used the .Net4.0 installer on a different PC's (Windows 7/XP) and on those it installs without problems. The puzzle to get to play Terraria already proves to be a challenge.

Deozaan:
Are you using the .NET installer that comes with Terraria or the official one from Microsoft? Or have you tried both?

Carol Haynes:
Shades it sounds like something is using a .net4 file when you are trying to update and it is locked. Try making sure you exit all applications (including anything in the system tray) and disable any AV.

Also try downloading the installer form MS and doing it manually - sometimes the Windows Update version gets damaged and if it is a cached version it will never work!

If that doesn't work try running MSCONFIG and disable all Startup items and all non-MS services so that you get as near to a clean Windows startup environment as possible. Note some security software doesn't like you doing this so it may be best to leave any such software allowed to run and disable it before trying to install again.

Shades:
Shades it sounds like something is using a .net4 file when you are trying to update and it is locked. Try making sure you exit all applications (including anything in the system tray) and disable any AV.

Also try downloading the installer form MS and doing it manually - sometimes the Windows Update version gets damaged and if it is a cached version it will never work!

If that doesn't work try running MSCONFIG and disable all Startup items and all non-MS services so that you get as near to a clean Windows startup environment as possible. Note some security software doesn't like you doing this so it may be best to leave any such software allowed to run and disable it before trying to install again.
-Carol Haynes (June 17, 2011, 02:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Terraria comes with a webinstaller so I downloaded the installer from Microsoft and used that as my PC is not (or will be) connected to the internet anymore. That installer worked great on several PC's but not on mine. Because it is not connected to any network I didn't see the direct need for security software, so I uninstalled Avira and disabled the firewall. Actually, that PC is quite devoid of sofware/service as I use more and more portable apps these days.

All that didn't help, so I thought that there is some security setting in place that doesn't allow access to the folder .Net4 wants to install into.
The log file from the .Net4 installer shows one error:
Launching CreateProcess with command line = wusa.exe "D:\d4ab5f75b780171ea7f2662625\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu" /quiet /norestart
Exe (D:\d4ab5f75b780171ea7f2662625\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu) failed with 0x5 - Access is denied.

I am able to access and extract the .msu file mentioned above. to Granting read/write capability to everyone in the folder from the wusa.exe command didn't help. Copying the extracted data from the installer to another (also fully shared) folder and executing the command in the console returns the same 'Access is denied' result.

The above I tried with the Administrator account and the account that belongs to the Administrators group.

It appears to me that the command 'wusa.exe' is not sufficiently elevated to install .Net4.

Ah well, at least this is becoming an interesting puzzle to solve...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version