ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Volume Lock Program

(1/2) > >>

Captain_Crunch:
I'd like to see a program that locks the volume levels and don't allow other programs to change them. I'm currently in a Nursing Home, and sometimes have games that change the sound levels to max so when they run, they tend to blast all the windows off the place and then I have to scramble to quit the game and restore the "quiet" settings. a neat prog, like this would allow me to play games with sound with little risk of annoying everyone.

skwire:
Perhaps Volume Locker might be worth your money?  $14.95

Captain_Crunch:
I've tried that, and it doesn't seem to work so well. There are a few games that change the wave sound level. And Volume Locker doesn't seem to protect the wave volume.

skwire:
I've tried that, and it doesn't seem to work so well. There are a few games that change the wave sound level. And Volume Locker doesn't seem to protect the wave volume.-Captain_Crunch (May 16, 2011, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry to hear that.  Which OS are you using?  It wouldn't take much to write an app that would poll the master and wave values every second or so and reset them if they're changed from the original value.  I realise this is a brutish way of doing things but it should work fine.

Captain_Crunch:
Windows XP/SP 3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version