ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Batteries charged?...Away we go!!!

(1/2) > >>

Shades:
This post is for the mechanically inclined:

Here is a link to a battery charged vehicle.
And these particular batteries you can buy already in the (better) hardware store, which do not require much in recharging time and and are switched within seconds!  :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
Things like that sure look neato but my neck would be killing me after a few minutes on that thing. I got whiplash a number of years back and my neck hasn't been the same since.

mwb1100:
That looks pretty neat (not that I'd ever be able to ride it).  I'm actually more impressed with that clever looking 3-stage hinge they have connecting the front part of the frame to the rear wheel.

Stoic Joker:
Low profile/visibility and a top speed of 18.6 MPH ... Sounds like suicide to me. Besides in that position (speaking of suicidal behavior) texting while driving is near impossible, so it'll never catch on.

Other than that it's a rather clever idea.

40hz:
Cool concept, but impractical for anything other than a proof-of-concept exercise.

And a big +1 w/Deo on the issue of old whiplash injuries and that forward lie-down position. Like him, I had a whiplash injury. (Car accident: my Toyota Celica got rear-ended by a pickup truck while I was stopped at a red light.) And also like Deozaan, my neck has never been completely right after that. I'd last about 15 minutes in that position before I either passed out from the pain, or cramped up so bad I couldn't steer.

Plus I'd hate to be traveling behind anything with a bumper at my approximate chin height while on something like that.

It's one thing to "lose your head" while driving. But quite another to lose your head while driving. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version