ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

functional C# class/component to upload to my DC space via explicit FTP over TLS

<< < (3/10) > >>

kyrathaba:
Thanks, wraith.  Yes, and I have the know-how to encrypt a password in my app.  I wouldn't put it in raw.  But I understand that it's better, probably to use some other file-submission method.

Let me ask this: does DC have a server-side script I could reference from the html code in a webpage, so that a user could upload a small (few bytes) binary file to a designated /incoming/ directory of my webspace?

worstje:
I have an ugly C# function I cobbled together for JottiQ that supports both GET and POST methods, the latter of which supports filetransfers. The code is butt ugly, but it is functional. It returns a XMLDocument if I recall properly, but could be simplified to just return a stream I believe.

Let me know if it would be good enough for your needs, and I'll supply you after my shopping run has provided me with foodstuffs to last the weekend. It's probably an excellent example of how not to deal with webservices in .NET, but I don't care much. :)

Renegade:
I have an ugly C# function I cobbled together... It's probably an excellent example of how not to deal with webservices in .NET, but I don't care much. :)
-worstje (May 14, 2011, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hip! Hip! Horray~!

Let's hear it for getting things done~! :)

I have so much code that's ugly, but works... I wouldn't show it to anyone.

Sure, I could clean it up and make it pretty and all that, but... Time...

+1 for getting things done. :)

worstje:
Good point. I hereby rescind my offer to share my code. :-[ The internet has far too long a memory for me to want to carry that blemish for the rest of my life. :mad:

Just kidding, I don't give a damn. Just let me know. 8)

Edit: On second thought, I re-read his request, and I think I've got the opposite. I have got client-side C# code that can upload to some http:// script, while I now think he wants a server-side script to receive file uploads and store them with. And with that, I am afraid I cannot help.

mouser:
I don't know how to write server-side scripts.
--- End quote ---

kyrathaba, you're a fast learner and, while i'm not suggesting you learn how to write server scripts for this project, i would suggest that you might find it very enjoyable to learn a little bit of php, just as a change of pace from desktop application coding.  it would also give you a feel for what kinds of things you can do with server side coding.

why not get yourself a book and start the php programming school assignments here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version