ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

functional C# class/component to upload to my DC space via explicit FTP over TLS

(1/10) > >>

kyrathaba:
I have no problem doing this via Filezilla, but I need to figure out how to upload a file to my little corner of DC programmatically, from within my C# applications.  I've tried various things, from FTP classes I've both found and rolled myself, and using HttpWebRequest.  I also read about the winhttp.dll library, which some people say works whereas the internal C# stuff is not always robust (however, I have no experience with that library's functions).

The reason I need to be able to do this programmatically is that I've coded a game.  That game records the highscore, and updates that value whenever a player beats the previous high score.  I want the program to be able to upload the highscore.dat file (which contains not only the highscore, but also the name of the player who scored it) to a specific directory under http://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com

Does anyone have any working C# code that they've used successfully to upload a file to their DC webspace?  I know that DC uses explict FTP over TLS.  Perhaps the methods I've attempted aren't sophisticated enough to negotiate that.  At any rate, it'd be a real boon (not just to my current project, but also to future ones) if I could find a class or component that allows me this functionality.

I have used the code show here before successfully, on a non FTPES site, but can't get it to work here.

Renegade:
Have you looked at the Indy Project? I think there are C# bindings for it.

EDIT:

Yes -- here -- http://www.indyproject.org/SocketsCLR/index.EN.aspx

kyrathaba:
Thanks for the possible help.  Looks like the project hasn't been updated since Feb. 2008, and that was has been done is mostly focused on SMTP/POP.  The only FTP related stuff I could find, so far, was:

--- Code: C# ---using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.Linq;using System.Text; namespace Indy.Sockets.Web {    class FTP {    }}
I'll keep looking through the download and documentation, though, just to be thorough.

kyrathaba:
I tried the following code in a console program, and received this error message: The remote server returned an error: (530) Not logged in.
--- End quote ---

--- Code: C# ---static void Main(string[] args) {             // Get the object used to communicate with the server.            FtpWebRequest request = (FtpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create("ftp://kyrathaba.dcmembers.com/testbed/test.txt");            request.Method = WebRequestMethods.Ftp.UploadFile;             request.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("kyrathaba", "substitutedForActualPasswordInThisForumPost");             // Copy the contents of the file to the request stream.            StreamReader sourceStream = new StreamReader("test.txt");            byte[] fileContents = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(sourceStream.ReadToEnd());            sourceStream.Close();            request.ContentLength = fileContents.Length;             Stream requestStream = request.GetRequestStream();            requestStream.Write(fileContents, 0, fileContents.Length);            requestStream.Close();             FtpWebResponse response = (FtpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();             Console.WriteLine("Upload File Complete, status {0}", response.StatusDescription);             response.Close();             Console.WriteLine("Press a key to end program...");            Console.ReadKey();        }

hamradio:
Only concern I got is how are you going to keep people from using a .net disassembler to see the password?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version