ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

need recommendation for an onlne computer store

(1/3) > >>

techidave:
Looking for some recommendations for a quality place to purchase computers, parts, etc., here in the United States.  I am familiar with Newegg and Tiger Direct, but was looking for other places that have quality products, good sales dept.

I was just thinking about expanding my horizons as a school tech to the public sector and was looking for a good place to get hooked up with.  I realize that on price alone, i probably cannot compete with Walmart but alot of people are telling me they want service more than price.  Sooooo, maybe its time that I jumped on the band wagon!   :)

app103:
My dad has shopped at Zip Zoom Fly in the past, for some of his parts to build PCs.

You can also check Geeks.com for some good deals, especially for complete systems that can be upgraded (might be cheaper than starting a system from scratch). My dad got a few "unbranded" HP machines from them really cheap.

MilesAhead:
For bare drives I've had good luck with ExcaliberPC

http://www.excaliberpc.com/

With the prices they charge you can afford the FedEx shipping to avoid UPS "head slap" I've heard about.  Another thing I like is they don't try to hype you with "only 2 left in stock" stuff.  The WD drives I buy, last time I looked it said there were like 20,000 on hand. :)

techidave:
thanks guys for the recommendations.  I have used both zip zoom fly and geeks in the past.  kind of forget about them.

haven't hear of excaliberpc though.

a guy can spend alot of time looking at the different sites trying to get the best deal.  i have also used pricewatch.com but am kind of leary about alot of those companies.  I don't do much on ebay either

Kamel:
svc.com is another, amazon is another, overstock and buy.com aren't too bad either really.

It would be difficult to get me to go anywhere but newegg though, as newegg has the absolute best customer service and the prices and selection are good too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version