topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:39 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: New Guideline for the Found Deals and Discounts section  (Read 2051 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
NEW GUIDELINES MAY 13, 2011 :

Thinking a bit about the Found Deals and Discounts Section and how we might optimize it a bit.  I know the info here on new discounts is very useful to some, I'm just trying to make it a little more manageable.

I think in order to better organize it and make it easier for people to find stuff long term, posters should try to post the the daily/weekly deal-site announcements either:
  • In a single thread for the giveaway site (giveaway of the day thread for example)
  • Or in a thread collecting all discounts past and future for a given product.

So maybe we can start a few threads for the big daily giveaway sites, and when a new giveaway is announced that people think would be of interest, EITHER make a new post on that thread, or search for an existing thread on the application being given away, and post the latest giveaway on that.

And maybe we can find someone willing to do a little moderation of this section in their free time to prune out some of the older posts that are no longer relevant.