hoping someone here may be able to assist with an issue we've just started experiencing at home
intermittent emails are 'hanging' the receive process, ie when an offending email is encountered the process hangs and we cannot download any further messages.
Happens on both PC's at our house (XP SP3 with outlook express, and Vista with windows mail, and now Live Mail).
Stopping and restarting has no effect.
Messages are accessible via webmail, but there is nothing untoward in them that I can see.
None of the messages are large (we're stuck with dialup so anything much more than a meg gets deleted out of hand), and there does not appear to be any consistency between the offenders - the senders, sizes, etc all vary (in fact we received one message from a particular sender fine, but the next one - 24hrs later - failed)
I've checked all the settings (nothing has been changed) and as far as I can see everything should be fine. Beyond this I have no idea how to even begin troubleshooting this