Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 01, 2014, 07:39:10 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SOLVED - lock window positions on startup  (Read 2125 times)
Uncle Larry
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 12, 2011, 10:20:34 AM »

Hi - forgive me if this is a done-deal, but could not find anything so thought I'd ask for it. 

I use AHK scripts for lots of stuff, and want to expand to some new areas.  Most of what I do involves copy/pasting from IE to Lotus Notes or other IE windows, sending keys and such like that.  I'm aware it would be more elegant to use the object model to get into whatever I'm working with, but I'm not that smart.   tellme  So I usually end up with coordinates to which I'm sending left downclick action.  If I move my windows, obviously that kills the code.  I open the same windows at work every day, and would like them to always open in exactly the same place, so that macros I write will find links where they should be.

Any ideas? 

Thanks - Larry
skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:37:05 AM »

Give Skrommel's WinWarden a look:  http://www.donationcoder....mmel/index.html#WinWarden

skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:40:20 AM »

Furthermore, look up CoordMode in the AHK docs.  Specifically: CoordMode, Mouse, Relative

Good luck!   Thmbsup

Uncle Larry
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:20:33 PM »

Furthermore, look up CoordMode in the AHK docs.  Specifically: CoordMode, Mouse, Relative

Good luck!   Thmbsup

That's what I'm looking for!  Thank you very much!

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.028s | Server load: 0.46 ]