ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Google's ChromeOS Laptops for $20/month

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Of course i'm assuming the plan is for google to subsidize these and just lose money on them for years until they can destroy the market for normal OS/laptops and make it unprofitable for their competition to stay in business.-mouser (June 09, 2011, 10:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed. However quite unlike the normal OS/laptop which has a fixed price that you pay for ... Here you have a Pezz dispenser. It's completely useless, save for its access - that you pay, and pay, and pay... - to all your data which is now firmly entrenched in the cloud (e.g. held hostage).

mahesh2k:
So they're not going to log my search history and demographic oriented searches ? or even some personal mails ? pattern of site visits or search ? I doubt it.

zridling:
So they're not going to log my search history and demographic oriented searches ? or even some personal mails ? pattern of site visits or search ? I doubt it. -mahesh2k (June 09, 2011, 03:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's good for a laugh. Wonder what the default settings are! (All your keystrokes belong to us.) Still, given the economy, these would be great for too many lower income students I know in my town.

zridling:
No hard cable connection, though? (I didn't see it.) What if I don't want to buy wi-fi?

app103:
it's a portable WebTV for the modern age...that's all it really is. And the same kinds of people that bought WebTV back then will be the same kind of people that go for this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version