ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Text scraping: instructions

(1/3) > >>

moshepack:
Hi,

Can someone point me to instructions on how to do text scraping?  I would like to extract text from a dialog box.

Thanks!

mouser:
the help file definitely needs an update.
to do text scraping, do windows capture mode, select the text object, hit ctrl+t (or use redbox menu to see preview of text and capture to clipboard).

Jaysee:
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but my noob question is the same as the original poster's:  I'm trying to capture editable text from a Windows Explorer screen which scrolls in both the X and Y directions.  Launching SC (v2.32.01) from the tray with "Grab windows Object or Scrolling window," I can get a perfect .PNG capture of the full contents using Red Box, but I never see a text preview ("Capture Text to Clipboard" on Red Box's menu is always grayed-out) and I can't get any text to copy (ctrl+t doesn't seem to do anything) to the Clipboard.

Any help would be much appreciated!

mouser:
I'm afraid that screenshot captor can't handle such complicated text capture -- it can only handle simple cases of text boxes, etc.

The one program i know of which is really good at capturing text in such complicated cases is a shareware program called Kleptomania: http://www.structurise.com/kleptomania/

lanux128:
or try this freeware: WinScraper.. :)

As a developer, I wanted a simple, free tool that would do all of the following:
    * 'Scrape' the text off a dialog box control or message box, so that it can be pasted as text into an email or whatever. (How often have I dismissed the error box without accurately noting down its contents?)
    * Capture images of controls or windows from my application for documentation purposes etc..
    * Resize my application or web browser windows to a specific size for testing alternate screen resolutions or consistent documentation of my application.

That's what the tool presented in this article sets out to do. As a full time developer I expect to make a lot of use of it from now on!
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version