topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 11:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Quickfield how-to request  (Read 3071 times)

wideeyedguy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Quickfield how-to request
« on: May 09, 2011, 01:15 PM »
I'm confused on the help file's short statement on how to use the %t% in Quickfield.
Can you elaborate a bit?

Thank you,
weg
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:06 PM by wideeyedguy, Reason: Fixed original posted problem. »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Quickfield how-to request
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 03:09 PM »
I just spent a few minutes staring at the help file trying to figure out what i had in mind.

I think the idea was that normally you set the template pattern for your filename which might include the quickfield, like "%quickfield% Screenshot - %datetime%"

This says that when saving a new file, if you type "test" into the quickfield, the file will be named "test Screenshot - 5/9/11"

BUT if you are strange you could do it the other way, and put something generic in the default new filename template like "Screenshot - %datetime%" and then in your quickfield customize this by saying something like "test %t%" which gives you filename of "test Screenshot - 5/9/11" or "%t% test" which would give you filename "Screenshot - 5/9/11 test".

So you put %t% in your quickfield to replace the default new file name template into your quickfield at a specific location and then save the file.

BUT having said that, it's clear the best advice is to ignore this feature completely, as it's strange and has no obvious use.