ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

[Freeware] FadeTop - a visual break reminder that fades the desktop

<< < (9/9)

musetips:
An application with the same purpose I was once using had the following nice feature: the tray icon visually showed how much interval time had passed (or was left, can't remember). Can't remember the resolution either, maybe steps of 10 to 20% interval time (i.e. 5 to 10 different tray images).
-phitsc (May 23, 2011, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for this info. I'm considering to add this feature.

musetips:
But it occurs to me that you're asking for a feature that will allow you to continue the very behavior that the program is designed to break you of.
-Stoic Joker (May 23, 2011, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

You got it.

Taking breaks away from the computer is all about habit. The program turns useless when we try to ignore the reminding.

tomos:
Notes:
[1] I can only test the fader (via the tray icon) once - it doesnt work after the first go -  this makes it difficult to test custom colours etc.

[2] My taskbar autohides - you say I can right click the tray icon and choose "Exit" from the shortcut menu to get out of  "fade" mode -
my taskbar menu does not show though while Time Clue is dimming the screen.-tomos (May 20, 2011, 04:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

this was sorted per PM, but just in case anyone else was wondering about them:

[1] is now fixed
[2] is actually only a problem when doing a test fade - click anywhere on the screen, move cursor to the bottom of screen - the taskbar gets shown

Tip: left-click tray icon to do a test fade

Ath:
But the multi-monitor option is still being worked on (as it currently only fades my main monitor...)? :huh:

tomos:
Another little bug -

if I change focus to Firefox during a fade (using alt+tab or clicking on minimised window on taskbar), the fade process will stop.

Changing focus to FF during a fade, also reintroduces the bug where you cannot do a test-fade afterwards.

XP SP3 / FF 4.0.1

edit/ added FF version

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version