ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

[Freeware] FadeTop - a visual break reminder that fades the desktop

<< < (8/9) > >>

steeladept:
The options dialog allows you to set the "auto fade interval" and "overlay color". Maybe that's what you need?
-musetips (May 21, 2011, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was thinking more along the lines of setting a set time of day, such as bedtime, or time to start work.  Essentially it becomes an alarm you can't just say "okay, just one more minute" and 30 minutes later "Oh *hit, I am late!".  Having the fade interval allows it to recover so you can close down, but the fade, especially during a game, can be killer and make it pointless to the "one more minute" idea.  Of course I suppose a valid work around could be to set up a higher frequency fade interval (ever 30 seconds for example) and use a scheduled task to start it up...

Again, I realize this is completely outside of the purpose of this software, I am just thinking outside the box on one way I can see myself using something like this for my kids.

ewemoa:
Try this:

First set a low Max opacity value (say 40) via Options dialog, then click the program icon to invoke the fader. Now do anything as if the fader is not there.
-musetips (May 21, 2011, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have been trying with mixed results.  I find that I often don't stop -- will keep trying though.

phitsc:
An application with the same purpose I was once using had the following nice feature: the tray icon visually showed how much interval time had passed (or was left, can't remember). Can't remember the resolution either, maybe steps of 10 to 20% interval time (i.e. 5 to 10 different tray images).

Stoic Joker:
Try this:

First set a low Max opacity value (say 40) via Options dialog, then click the program icon to invoke the fader. Now do anything as if the fader is not there.
--- End quote ---

I have been trying with mixed results.  I find that I often don't stop -- will keep trying though.-ewemoa (May 23, 2011, 05:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now I haven't actually tried the program, so bear with my if I'm off base...

But it occurs to me that you're asking for a feature that will allow you to continue the very behavior that the program is designed to break you of.

musetips:
Try this:

--- End quote ---

I have been trying with mixed results.  I find that I often don't stop -- will keep trying though.

-ewemoa (May 23, 2011, 05:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

You'll have to set up a higher value for Max opacity if you want to be forced to stop.

Or, let's just follow the design guideline: develop the habit of taking breaks. When reminded, try to take action asap.

I've found the best choice for Max opacity is: when it doesn't fully dims the screen, while making it hard enough to continue to work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version