ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

[Freeware] FadeTop - a visual break reminder that fades the desktop

<< < (2/9) > >>

musetips:
Nice idea. I'd love to see this with some configurable options:

* adjustable color/saturation/
* adjustable max opaqueness
* audible chime
* duration of fade
* choose your own time periods
* bonus: configurable settings for specific events/times
Configurable in a textfile or a dialog, it'd be all the same to me.
-doctorfrog (May 08, 2011, 11:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm considering to add more customizable options.

Currently, colors can be set in the settings.xml file (in the same folder as the exe file).

To change these colors, quit TimeClue, open settings.xml with any text editor, then make below changes:

1) set fg_color for time numbers (white as default);
2) set bg_color for the overlaying color (blue as default).

musetips:
TimeClue is designed to help you develop a habit of resting your eyes every 15 minutes (recommended for heavy computer users).-musetips (May 08, 2011, 04:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Rest them how? Whenever my dad said he was resting his eyes that meant he was taking a nap.

A nap every 15 minutes seems like a good way to live a stress-free life of unemployment. :P
-Deozaan (May 09, 2011, 12:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Eye-resting for computer users normally includes:

1) Close your eyes;
2) Move eyeballs up and down;
3) Move eyeballs from side to side;
4) Move eyeballs in clockwise and counter-clockwise direction.

So the movement is: UP->DOWN->LEFT->RIGHT->CW->CCW. Try this for about 10 times and your eyes become relaxed, more or less.

Resting the neck (by tilting the head) follows similar steps.

ewemoa:
Thanks for the concrete steps!

Any chance this info could be made readily available via the application?  Or perhaps it is already and I haven't found it  :-[

Shades:
TimeClue is designed to help you develop a habit of resting your eyes every 15 minutes (recommended for heavy computer users).-musetips (May 08, 2011, 04:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Rest them how? Whenever my dad said he was resting his eyes that meant he was taking a nap.

A nap every 15 minutes seems like a good way to live a stress-free life of unemployment. :P
--- End quote ---

But not when you are a tester in a mattress factory  :P

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

But not when you are a tester in a mattress factory  :P
-Shades (May 09, 2011, 04:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah! Not so my friend ... It's a 5 minute nap at 2 minute intervals. QC has got to make rate too Ya know... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version