ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Database for a Desktop?

<< < (3/3)

Renegade:
Unfortunately, unless the 'much less' is $300 or less, I'll have to do without.  The perils of full time employment vs contracting.  When I was contracting, money wasn't really an object for development tools.  Now, doing it on the side, it's a lot bigger obstacle, unfortunately.
-wraith808 (May 09, 2011, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Email them and see what they say. Point them back here maybe? Dunno... Worth a shot anyways. Maybe you can work out a deal.

Deozaan:
hamradio pointed this one out to me yesterday in IRC. That said, I don't know anything about it or even if it will work for what you want.

http://grubba.net/

Grubba is the free and online alternative to MS Access and Filemaker Pro.
Choose a template or create your own forms and database to fit your individual needs.
Suitable for beginner and advanced users.

Grubba is so called Donationware. If you use Grubba and like it, you can make a (small) donation to support us.
--- End quote ---

kyrathaba:
I'm interested to hear thoughts/experiences with Grubba, if anyone chooses to try it...

40hz:
I'm interested to hear thoughts/experiences with Grubba, if anyone chooses to try it...
-kyrathaba (May 19, 2011, 09:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like something that might be interesting for setting up a KB type database for a small group of users.

Does anybody know what fieldtypes are available in Grubba? The website isn't particularly helpful when it comes to specifics. And there doesn't seem to be a wiki or documentation available.

Renegade:
The website isn't particularly helpful when it comes to specifics. And there doesn't seem to be a wiki or documentation available.
-40hz (May 21, 2011, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a deal killer a lot of the time. For me anyways.

I'd rather spend a few hundred dollars and get documentation and samples so that I can focus on getting things done, rather than spend a week or two trying to wrap my brain around something that may or may not be what I want/need.

For SDK and components, the product in many ways *IS* the documentation/samples.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version