ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Chromium 15.0.847.0 Build 95771

(1/4) > >>

MilesAhead:
I'm just trying Chromium nightly snapshop from the win32 zip file:
http://build.chromium.org/f/chromium/snapshots/Win/

edit: they changed the ftp link so I edited the url above.

So far I don't see any obvious bugs. But it feels a tad snappier than the 12.x snapshot I have been running.  So far so good.  The nice thing about the zip just save your Chromium folder from settings and your old Chromium zips.  You can go back very easily if you encounter a bug.

Main thing is when you overwrite the Chromium program folder, wherever you put it, don't erase the Dictionaries or extensions folders.  Then just copy all the stuff in from the new zip. I only have 3 tabs open and TaskManager shows a dozen copies of chrome.exe running!! That may account for it!!  But it sure feels fast!!

edit: so far AutoCopy extensions don't seem to work.  There's always a "gotcha'" :)

MilesAhead:
Hmmmmmmmmm, every time I try to update I have to download about 40 builds until AutoCopy works with one. 83304 is the last one I tried that works.  The 7 or 8 newest builds all fail even if the highlighted text disappears as expected.  Copy to clipboard has to be one of the easiest things going. I don't get how it can fail in one version and not the next.  Really weird!

Anyone have AutoCopy working in a Chromium portable(the win32 zip file) newer than 83304?

MilesAhead:
Oh well.  Guess I'll go back to the old right click and copy. Just too much hassle downloading and testing for one addon.

btw I'm running 84600 build of Chromium and it feels very snappy!!
So far AutoCopy seems to be the only casualty.

MilesAhead:
Instead of messing with this anymore, I added a hotkey hack to Transpose.  Now I can select text in Chromium based browser, then hit shift-right-click to copy to clipboard.  The selected text disappears.

Normal right mouse click context menu is still available this way.
Shift right click turned out to be less intrusive than control right click.
Only thing with shift click is I sent a mouse click to clear the text and
this was leaving some of the selection. I just increased the delay to
1/2 second. If you watch you can see the pause before the selection
disappears.

But at least this way you still have normal control-c or right click then copy functions. It doesn't really interfere with using Chrome/Chromium.

Way better than farting around with AutoCopy addon.  Plus I always have Transpose running anyway.

The source is included for do-it-yourselfers.  You can change it how you like. :)

zridling:
Miles, as far as I know, every active extension runs as a separate process so that if one part gets flaky, the entire browser need not go down. I'm still on v.10 for now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version