ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Charities

(1/2) > >>

cthorpe:
If you make monetary donations to charity, please consider voting.  If you are so inclined, share more specific information in a post (though please don't feel compelled to go into detail if you would prefer not to).  I am simply curious as to the habits of the users here on DonationCoder.  The nature of this website attracts individuals who are willing to share their monetary resources with others, so I am interested in how that extends beyond what we do here on DC.

The extent to which I might ever use the data from this poll would be a future blog post that would read something like, "Of the people who voted in a poll I ran on a popular website's message board, 50% indicated that they donated when a specific need such as an earthquake arose."  Nothing more specific than that, and I promise not to specifically refer to any posted responses unless I have directly contacted the individual and received permission to do so.  I doubt any need to be specific unless someone shares something really interesting about their poll response.  That being said, I am not planning any particular blog post at this time.

I recognize that this is an informal poll and would carry no weight as part of a larger study or academic research.

And, while I fully support everything that DonationCoder.com does, I am not talking about those kinds of donations here :).

C

worstje:
Are you just curious about our habits or compiling some sort of statistics? The way your post is phrased gives me the feeling you're asking for more than simply curiousity. :) I've got no problems voting but I'm curious why I'd be voting, if that makes sense.

cthorpe:
Thanks for the question.

I made some edits to hopefully clarify the reasons for my poll.

C

tomos:
I chose #1 but I dont donate money, but donate my time.

I see you say: If you make monetary donations to charity, please consider voting. - I can remove my vote if you only want preople who make monetary donations

worstje:
I'm with Tomos, although my case is an even gray-ier gray. :) For example, my day before christmas this year was spent as one of those annoying begging and nagging collectors that walk around in ones regional city center. There was a parade and all, and the organisation I was collecting for was the official charity of the event. I ended up collecting most of pretty much everyone (only a single person overshot me, and that was by ~5 euros :tellme: heh ).

Come to think of it, I did put some coins into my own box that time, so I actually did donate, so it isn't as extra grayish as I thought. (Still, usually I feel just wasting my time on the street bugging people is more than plenty of a donation to make.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version