ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Save Stargate Universe

<< < (4/4)

Renegade:
Doctor Who seems to me to be sci-fi/horror that's safe for kids. (Unlike South Park which is barely safe for adults! :) )

The Doctor never uses guns, and is the kind of hero that you can sympathize with. (Unlike most cop shows, where I want to see the cops "get it".)

He's definitely one of the better role models.

I like the new arch in DW as well.

worstje:
I'm good with most of the rest of your assessment also, except the Andromeda outfits, they were just fine in my book.
-Stoic Joker (May 06, 2011, 11:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, it worked, don't get me wrong. It was very pleasant to watch. :) I just think I'd have taken the show a teensy bit more seriously had her costumes been toned down a little: she was the bloody AI of a military battlecruiser like ship.

A couple of weeks ago I saw an episode from Doctor Who (the latest series) about statues that were actually aliens...and that was a freakingly good episode! So if there are more of those I am inclined to follow that series as well.
-Shades (May 06, 2011, 11:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's a couple of those. The first one involving those was definitely among the very best (I think it was THE best episode at the time of its first airing). Did it focus on some random girl visiting some house, or did the episode play in some sort of giant cave? (Those are the only two I can readily recall, although I think there was a third episode with those too.)

Either way, there's a number of really excellent episodes, and I can recommend watching them. The last two Doctors were/are awesome.

Renegade:
Oh, it worked, don't get me wrong. It was very pleasant to watch. :) I just think I'd have taken the show a teensy bit more seriously had her costumes been toned down a little: she was the bloody AI of a military battlecruiser like ship.
-worstje (May 07, 2011, 12:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

And shouldn't the AI for a military battlecruiser capable of destroying entire solar systems look 100% utterly killer~! :P :D

Lexa Doig...  She's got looks that kill.

Stoic Joker:
-worstje (May 07, 2011, 12:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

And shouldn't the AI for a military battlecruiser capable of destroying entire solar systems look 100% utterly killer~! :P :D-Renegade (May 07, 2011, 12:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed. As the face of the AI, she is the face of the ship ... And therefore should be a face (that could launch a thousand ships...) worth fighting for (and preferably at the drop of a hat). ;)

Shades:
@worstje:
Yep, it was the one where a girl visits a house. That episode grabs your attention and makes you look twice at any angel statue afterwards.   :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version