topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:39 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Request: Select Audio Source  (Read 2871 times)

kfitting

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Request: Select Audio Source
« on: July 09, 2011, 10:17 AM »
Dont know how hard this is, if it's not worth the time, no problem. 

What I would like is be able to choose the audio source for sound output in CHS.  Right now, like most apps, CHS just uses the default audio device.  Many music players have an option allowing you to select a particular output.

My problem (in case there are other ways of solving this) is that the CHS sound is rather loud.  I can change the volume of CHS in the Win7 sound mixer, but I dont think it maintains that setting through default device changes, etc.  (have not extensively tested this)  I also would prefer the sound to always come out of my laptop speakers, not my usually connected USB DAC.  One somewhat simple solution is to edit the wav file volume... but, I figured mouser might like to learn about the windows sound driver!  ;)

Any thoughts?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Request: Select Audio Source
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 10:36 AM »
My problem (in case there are other ways of solving this) is that the CHS sound is rather loud.

The easiest solution to this is simply replace the sound that chs uses -- it loads it from a wave file specified in the "Behavior and Sounds" tab.
So just make a copy of the defaults and then lower the volume of them in your favorite sound editor (Audacity is free).  Or use your own different audio files.

(Remember not to just modify those default files as they will be overwritten on the next update; make a copy of them into a new directory if you modify them).