ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software recommendations for writers

<< < (10/15) > >>

tajuta:
Hmm... the error is actually in one of the libraries I'm using and appears to be being triggered when closing the welcome file rather than by opening the file you sent me. If I just close ImmersEd and reopen, your file loads without problem. Seeing as the welcome file has been used for quite a while now I'm unsure what's up, but I'll look into it.

I hope this hasn't been happening to loads of new users and they haven't been saying anything. The file load failure doesn't get caught as an application fail and so doesn't trigger the bug report dialog. Any users who are upgrading would be unlikely to see it and although I do a quick check that a clean install works, I've clearly not been thorough enough.

kyrathaba:
Don't beat yourself up :)  As you know, once any application starts to become the slightest bit complex, this sort of thing easily can happen.  I really appreciate your responsiveness.  I'll be happy to continue testing and reporting, if that helps.  I think you've got a great-looking program.  I especially like the way you've laid out Notes and everything else in the margin to the right of the text, and the fact that it can be shown/hidden at will.

kyrathaba:
Tajuta, looks like version 0.5.10 fixed the error opening a file!  Nice work!

tajuta:
Glad to hear it, although I'm a little embarrassed and concerned at finding these issues in parts of the code that have been around for a while. I'll have to check back a few versions and see if they crept in recently somehow. I hate to think that hundreds of people have been having it throw an error almost as soon as they start using it.

kyrathaba:
You know how the average user is: not gonna send in a report of a problem.  Nothing like having even just one or two 'testers' you can count on.  Hard to come by sometimes. 

Good fix, and very timely.  I'm writing a speech using it.  Will let you know if I encounter any concerns.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version