ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software recommendations for writers

<< < (8/15) > >>

40hz:
^ +1 w/Doormouse.

The real beauty of LSB is that it, unlike many all-in-one wrier's desk tools, does not impose any methodology on you. You can use as much or as little of its toolset as you like. I don't use it to anywhere near its full capabilities. But that doesn't make the parts I do use any less useful.

Why not download the free trial and check it out yourself? It takes a little effort to start using it because you first have to impose a little discipline on the way you normally might work. But it's effort well spent. Much like what programmers go through when they start using version control. First it's a pain, but then they soon wonder how they ever worked without it.

The developer is also responsive to customer feedback and suggestions. I don't know how good they are about bug fixes because I've never encountered any bugs with LSB.  ;D

Beth UK:
I was told about a program called SuperNotecard. has anyone tried it? care to share your opinion on it ?
-Dochappy (May 15, 2011, 03:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I have a license for this...lovely clean layout, many functions. Thing is, I love it but have never used it properly! Has always struck me as being strict in imposing a kind of methodology of writing (blocks that you can mix and match) rather than the freestyle offered by something like WriteMonkey (that I do actually use). SuperNotecard had an unusual name to begin with - think it was Miss Lonely Notes - then they changed it to SuperNotecard. Just a random piece of interest there...

cthorpe:
I am going to contact the developers of the shareware programs mentioned in this thread to see if they are willing to provide us with discounts/giveaways.  I'll post here if I get any takers.

C

kyrathaba:
This is not for quick writing in my opinion but more for when you are ready to put some things together.
--- End quote ---

Agreed, cmpm.

On another note, I've had to put ImmersEd aside.  I really like the way it's starting to shape up, but it's still quite buggy, unfortunately.

Ath:
I really like the way it's starting to shape up, but it's still quite buggy, unfortunately.
-kyrathaba (May 16, 2011, 08:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
You did report that to the developers, I presume?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version