ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software recommendations for writers

<< < (7/15) > >>

40hz:
Thanks 40hz, I didn't know all that.
But it's meant to be proof you wrote it on a particular date.
And not a legal copyright.
-cmpm (May 14, 2011, 08:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I understand.  :)  The only reason I mentioned it was because it came up at a recent discussion in my writing group. One of the guests was a person directly involved in IP issues and licensing. She characterized PMC as "one of the most dangerous misconceptions out there." She basically said it established nothing - including proof something was written by, or on, a certain date. The second link in my previous post shows just how easy it is to fake a PMC.

It was a pretty eye-opening conversation. With thanks to Gillian :-* (our 'IP expert' guest) for the info and most of the above weblinks. :)  :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
ZenWriter is on BDJ Today (Sunday, 05/15/2011).  I haven't used it- but of course, I bought it.  It was only $4.95, and from the screenshots, it looked interesting.   :-[

Dochappy:
Liquid Story Binder XE looks really complex but I'm intrigued is there ample documentation included with the program to help figure it out because  without that I can see myself getting lost quickly.

Chapter to Chapter would be very useful but I'm really opposed to using Word. ;) Might test it out and maybe it will grow on me.

I was told about a program called SuperNotecard. has anyone tried it? care to share your opinion on it ?

cmpm:
You don't have to use Word with Chapter by Chapter.
Any editor would work.

Dormouse:
Liquid Story Binder XE looks really complex but I'm intrigued is there ample documentation included with the program to help figure it out because  without that I can see myself getting lost quickly.
-Dochappy (May 15, 2011, 03:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Manual here and Online Tutorials here. Lots of help available in the forum. IIRC, the developer's general advice is for people to start off using just a few types of screen/file type and then add others as they feel the need; I don't think most people use anything like all the options and which ones are useful depends on what you are writing. You can make it very simple if you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version