ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

multiple align inside the same line

<< < (3/3)

eleman:
cool tip.
-nudone (May 06, 2011, 03:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not so much. It only works for two words, and kinda works for three (second word gets middle aligned). So this is one of the niche exploits which look cool, but are not very useful.

Stoic Joker:
cool tip.
-nudone (May 06, 2011, 03:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not so much. It only works for two words, and kinda works for three (second word gets middle aligned). So this is one of the niche exploits which look cool, but are not very useful.-eleman (May 06, 2011, 03:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Most cool, gotta jot that one down. But now that you mention it (reminded me of something), is there a way to stop/modify that behavior?

I used to frequently use full justify because I like the look of the evenly blocked text. But in seems lately that it always wants to smear the last short line of a paragraph across the whole page (much like your tip above). It never did that before...and it's really annoying. The last line if only a few words should stay left aligned(ish) as it's a much cleaner look, and is what Word used to do (for the most part) by default.

AndyM:
... the last short line of a paragraph across the whole page...
-Stoic Joker (May 06, 2011, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's a setting to prevent the last line in a fully justified paragraph from doing that.  I could find it in Word 2002 if that would help.

Is there really an end-paragraph marker (pilcrow) at the end of the paragraph, or is it a manual line-break, which brings different behavior?

Stoic Joker:
... the last short line of a paragraph across the whole page...
-Stoic Joker (May 06, 2011, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's a setting to prevent the last line in a fully justified paragraph from doing that.  I could find it in Word 2002 if that would help.-AndyM (May 06, 2011, 10:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

It couldn't hurt, at least I'd know what I was looking for. I've actually had the problem before in anything from 2007 down. But I got 2010 now and it's giving me fits.

Is there really an end-paragraph marker (pilcrow) at the end of the paragraph, or is it a manual line-break, which brings different behavior?
-AndyM (May 06, 2011, 10:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've tried it both ways and more to no avail. Line break, paragraph break, page break, make no difference ... It just broke.

AndyM:
All I could find was a setting in Options>Compatibilty tab:

Don't expand character spaces on the line ending Shift-Return

which is only for lines ending in a manual line return.  Lines ending in an EndParagraph mark should automatically not full justify.

This is actually a trick to force full justification of the last line (use a manual line end).  Doesn't address your problem at all, sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version