ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Save Stargate Universe

<< < (3/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
On Star Gate in general, it seems like they're really just been spit-balling in the hopes of reproducing the chemistry of the original series. But it's hard to clone Jack O'Neil. He really made the show work, at least for me (McGuiver fan).
-Stoic Joker (May 06, 2011, 06:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Correct. Except that they are trying to turn it into a more modern Star Trek Voyager at the same time, or a Stargate Atlantis without that annoying McKay and a darker feel. They're not making their own story, but they rip off stuff left and right and middle and inbetween. I know everything steals from everything, but you are supposed to make it mesh rather than have it act like a textbook case of Televised Multiple Personality Disorder.-worstje (May 06, 2011, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Quite true, I liked Voyager much better than Next Generation. Janeway had ball much unlike Piccard (what a dink). And then there's Riker who kept destroying the Enterprise every time they let him drive ... What's up with that?

I'm good with most of the rest of your assessment also, except the Andromeda outfits, they were just fine in my book. Oh yeah and I liked Farscape.

Come to think of it nobody has mentioned Lexx yet ... Come on now, you gotta like the psychotic talking robot head!

Shades:
Lexx is a bit too much off the beaten path for most. But hey, I like shows where someone plays the cowardly weasel right. Andromeda has also a good one.

Stoic Joker:
Lexx is a bit too much off the beaten path for most.-Shades (May 06, 2011, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really? It wasn't that hard to find. It was on SciFi here for a year or so, the wife and I loved it. (Or I could be missing your meaning)

But hey, I like shows where someone plays the cowardly weasel right. Andromeda has also a good one.
-Shades (May 06, 2011, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

hehe Yes, some people are fun to hate. :)

Renegade:
I forgot about Lexx. That was an excellent show! It really was very strange. I think that's in part what made it so wonderful.

Shades:
The strangeness was what I meant with 'off the beaten path'.

I also enjoyed Farscape immensely, that show improved a lot during its seasons. Make sure you also see the 'PeaceKeeper's wars' episodes from that series (and I have to admit that there is something about Claudia Black that kept me glued to the screen).

FireFly is/was also amazingly good.

A couple of weeks ago I saw an episode from Doctor Who (the latest series) about statues that were actually aliens...and that was a freakingly good episode! So if there are more of those I am inclined to follow that series as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version