ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Scrolling capture is not working

<< < (10/14) > >>

cranioscopical:
Non Aero - notepad - loses the bottom line.
--- End quote ---

do you mean it loses the bottom line from every page, or it does a successful scrolling capture but fails to grab the very last line in the file?
-mouser (October 07, 2011, 10:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, it's worse than I thought.
From a file of 534 lines I get this Scrolling capture is not working and only this, i.e. no other pages at all.

mouser:
right -- well it's clear from the window borders that it's incorrectly identifying the client region.

cranioscopical:
I'm beginning to see why you had deferred this  ;D

I tried keeping SSC locked in place and moving the monitor up and down but that didn't work either.  :o

cathie28:
Maybe Screeshot Captor is a fine program for many of its features.  By now, seems everyone knows scrolling capture doesn't work in browsers - esp. Firefox.  I'm using latest SC 2.102.01 in Vista x64.

Something has changed in late versions of browsers (FF), where screen capture prgms (even old last free ver of FastStone) that handled scrolling capture perfectly in FF v3.6x & maybe v4 , no longer can - even updated prgms that claim to.  Then FastStone stopped scrolling capture (so did other similar prgms), then w/ another FF release, FastStone scroll capture worked again, then quit for good w/ another FF release.

Re:  current SC - please don't say that it supports scrolling screen function- it doesn't.  List it as a beta feature, or something - up front, before users jump thru all hoops to use it.  I understand it may be difficult to write the code so it will handle scrolling browser screens, but as a matter of being up front on "features," don't advertise it will when it won't.  Scrolling capture in FF 7, it flickers, flashes, stands still, scrolls down a bit, flashes / flickers some more, then after ~ 1 min captures only the viewable screen.

I'm perfectly fine w/ having to get a license - eventually - to use SC.  But, the effort one must go through to install, sign up, get the license only to discover it doesn't  handle some advertised features at all, that I often need is, uh, disappointing.

Other dedicated FF plugins "more suited to scrolling screen captures" have been mentioned.  Didn't see names, but assume one may be FireShot.  Maybe others I don't know of.  FireShot will do scrolling capture.  But in some respects, the free ver is a PIA to use.  I guess you get what you pay for, so can't complain too much.  I may have to pay for a prgm to handle scrolling capture.

Thanks.

mouser:
please don't say that it supports scrolling screen function- it doesn't.  List it as a beta feature, or something - up front, before users jump thru all hoops to use it.
--- End quote ---

i hear ya.. for a while it was a reliable feature.. then ff versions and win7 broke all that and it's been pretty unreliable for a while now.

i done much of the work for a completely new wonderful scrolling capture -- it's coming soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version